What Questions To Ask A Potential Fuel Supplier
Five questions to ask a potential fuel supplier
If you’re in the market for a heating oil or propane supplier, you may find there are many options to choose from. The question is, how do you separate the legitimate candidates from the also-rans?
Here are five questions to help you separate the wheat from the chaff among your fuel supplier choices.
- Do you have any fees or incentives for new customers?
All fuel suppliers collect surcharges for certain aspects of fuel delivery, but some suppliers tack on as much as five or six times as much as they need to when they deliver your heating oil or propane. Some discounters go the other direction and offer great introductory prices at first, only to raise their prices once you’re committed as a customer. Casey Energy offers fair, competitive prices and low surcharges on every gallon of heating oil or propane we sell you – from day one.
- What other services do you provide besides fuel delivery? A C.O.D. (Cash on Delivery) discounter may offer low prices on propane and heating oil, but do they offer the exceptional support you need to keep your family safe and comfortable all year long? No. But we do. From 24/7 emergency service and preventative maintenance plans that help keep your equipment running at peak efficiency, to expert installation of top quality, high-efficiency heating (and cooling) equipment, Casey Energy has got your back!
- Will you help me manage my fuel usage and payments?
Your life is busy enough without having to worry about keeping an eye on your fuel gauge or remembering to schedule a fuel delivery – but many suppliers offer little to ease that burden. They’ll simply come when you call – except when they don’t, at which point you’ll pay for emergency delivery. You can avoid all of those hassles as a Casey Energy customer by signing up for FREE automatic delivery, which monitors your fuel usage and schedules your fuel delivery when you need it.
Paying for your fuel can also be a hassle – unless your supplier offers ways that make bill paying easy (hint: most don’t). At Casey, we offer heating oil and propane pricing plans that give you options you can live with and make your bills more predictable.
- Do you offer online support? With many discounters, you’ll get a phone number and (maybe!) a one-page website, but not much more. With Casey Energy, you’ll get access to powerful online tools that give you the ability to access your account, make payments, schedule service, and request deliveries 24/7.
- How will you help me have peace of mind?
This is probably the most important question to ask your potential fuel supplier. To us, peace of mind is all about making your life easier and more predictable – something we work hard to do for all our customers. With Casey Energy, you’ll rest easy knowing that:
- We have an ample supply of propane and heating oil on hand and available for you
- Your fuel will be delivered by a highly trained team of professionals who put your safety first, using a fleet of well-maintained trucks that stay on the road in any weather
- Your fuel deliveries and heating system are backed by a team of licensed professionals that offer safe deliveries, expert maintenance and 24/7 emergency service.
- You have convenient, flexible options and services such as Budget Pay and automatic fuel delivery to help make managing your heating bills and fuel deliveries easy
- You’re part of the Casey Energy family.