How to Have a Longer Summer
Posted: May 22, 2015
With summer around the corner, it’s time to get ready for refreshing dips in your swimming pool. A propane pool heater from Casey Energy will keep your water at the perfect temperature throughout our Connecticut and Westchester days and nights. Pool heaters are also a great way to extend your pool season – and who doesn’t want a longer summer?
If you already have a pool heater, here are some tips to keep it running smoothly all season long:
- Pool heaters are favorite hideout of spiders and other insects. Clear spider webs and other debris off your pool heater regularly.
- Remove any combustible materials, such as dry grasses, wood, or debris that are near your propane tank.
- Before you dig to plant your flowers or plants, be sure you know exactly where your lines and pipes are located.
- Keep a thermometer in your pool to determine the temperature that’s best for your pool, and mark “comfort settings” on the thermostat to avoid accidental overheating.
- Turn down your pool heater when your pool isn’t in use. Raising the water temperature just 1 degree can cost an additional 10-30%.
- Monitor your propane gas supply frequently, and examine your pipes for any leakages.
- Hire a propane professional to perform annual maintenance on your pool heater. Contact us for a maintenance and safety check.
Call 203-438-6500 or contact us if you need more advice, or any help with keeping your swimming pool sparkling this summer.